Hail occurs throughout the year and can cause damage to our home’s siding. Dents, cracks and holes in your siding are indicators of hail damage. Unlike damage to the roof, hail damage to siding may require immediate attention. Yet, with the wide variety of siding available, the effects may vary.
When hail strikes vinyl siding, it will not typically leave a dent. However, if the siding is a few years old, it may have lost some of its flexibility. A crack may occur – more often in older vinyl siding – but it will require the stone to be 1.25 inches in diameter to puncture the vinyl siding. Unlike vinyl siding, wood and metal siding will show dents. These will be visible and depend on the size and impact of the hail. Additionally, the paint will crack in wood siding.
Hail Storm Facts:
- More than 5,400 major hail storms were recorded in 2013, according to the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration.
- For the same year, May was the recorded the highest number of hail storms nationwide
- Hail damage impacts every state, and insurance claims are filed in all 5o states for home problems associated to hail storms
- The size of hail can range greatly, with the largest on record weighing 1.94 pounds and measuring 8 inches in diameter
What To Do If You Experience Hail Damage:
The staff at Bloomfield Construction are siding repair experts. In fact, we are the only Certified Siding Inspection Firm with NEFSI in the State of Michigan today! As you begin to inspect your home for hail damage to your siding, it’s important to look for dents, cracks or holes. Damage to your siding weakens the structure and lessens your homes overall curb appeal. Having your home’s exterior thoroughly inspected each year can help point out any damage done due to hail. If not taken care of immediately and properly, the repairs costs may quickly add up.
As a Top 200 Exterior Contractor in the United States selected by Qualified Remodeler Magazine, we provide you with the best service and value available. We offer a wide selection of quality siding materials for you to choose from. Bloomfield Construction proudly installs all types of Fibercement siding (James Hardie & Certainteed Weatherboard), cedar, wood siding, and Certainteed & Wolverine vinyl sidings. Our primary objective is to service you and ensure you get the most out of your home.
If you’ve experience hail damage to your siding, our team can walk you through each step of making sure the right repairs are taken care of quickly.Contact Bloomfield Construction
- Storm Damage Insurance Claim Help
- Understanding Possible Storm Damage Repairs
- Does Insurance Cover Roof Replacement?
- What Does Storm Insurance Cover?
Latest posts by Jeff Petrucci (see all)
- Beware of Storm Chasers – Homeowners Insurance Scams - May 31, 2017
- 6 Questions to Ask When Replacing Home Siding - October 13, 2016
- 7 Reasons We Love Being a James Hardie Contractor - June 4, 2016