As a homeowner, it’s important to make sure your home would pass any run of the mill home inspection. With the advances in manufacturing technology, construction companies have been able to provide better quality services, including longer lasting roofs. However, even the very best in roofing products will not withstand Mother Nature if not installed properly. So, have you ever wondered: “do I need a new roof?”
In a previous blog, we shared that ultraviolet sun rays, temperature extremes and strong winds can discolor and damage your shingles. Additionally, water from heavy rain and snow can build up causing your attic to leak. According to the National Association of Home Builders (NAHB), it is recommended that you have your roof inspected every three years.
With more than 20 years of roofing experience, we are Metro Detroit’s leading Roofing Company. We provide roofing services in Bloomfield Hills, Bloomfield Township, Birmingham, Troy, West Bloomfield, Waterford and throughout Oakland County. At Bloomfield Construction, we use leading technology to provide you with quality results while using yesterday’s values and service.
As a Factory-certified GAF contractor, we present you with a written scope, covering everything from pre-installation to the finished product. Additionally, you will receive a warranty that covers you from 20 years to a lifetime. Moreover, if purchased the extended warranty covers our workmanship during the critical early years after installation.
If you’re not sure whether you need a new roof, the roofing experts at Bloomfield Construction offer the following key danger signals that your roofing system is not protecting your home:
Signs you might need a new roof:
- Leakage in the attic after a heavy rain. Possible causes: Leaky or inadequate shingle underlayment or deteriorated flashing.
- Blistering and/or peeling of inside or outside paint. Possible causes: Excessive moisture or high humidity due to poor attic ventilation.
- Stains on interior ceilings and walls. Possible cause: Inadequate or faulty shingle underlayment, allowing leakage from ice dams.
- Roof shingle, sheathing or siding decay. Possible cause: Poor attic ventilation.
- Missing, cracked or curling shingles. Possible cause: Shingles have reached the end of their useful life.
- Dark, “dirty-looking” areas on your roof. Possible causes: Environmental pollutants; vegetation, fungus or algae growth or loss of granules due to age of shingles.
If you have experienced roofing problems or would like to have it inspected and live in Oakland, Macomb, or Livingston County contact Bloomfield Construction today!
Latest posts by Jeff Petrucci (see all)
- Beware of Storm Chasers – Homeowners Insurance Scams - May 31, 2017
- 6 Questions to Ask When Replacing Home Siding - October 13, 2016
- 7 Reasons We Love Being a James Hardie Contractor - June 4, 2016